This year I'm looking to embrace the "buy fewer, better things" philosophy, both when shopping for the holidays and in purchasing for myself. This guide is chock full of quality pieces, designed and crafted with care by thoughtful makers, so you can feel great about gifting them to your loved ones (or just keeping them for yourself. that's ok too).
1. Against the Grain abstract block print from Melissa Holden Art. Melissa meticulously hand carves her own blocks and prints in very limited editions. I love the melding of organic and modern in this particular one, and the black and grey colorway is a minimalist's dream.
2. Small Walnut Trapezoid Bread Board from Deoria Made. The unique shape and the fact that it is handcrafted from a single piece of salvaged walnut makes this one particularly special.
3. Ceramic tumbler (comes in a set of 4) from by Pinckney. These would be a gorgeous addition to any nightstand, or as an alternative coffee mug (I can imagine really curling my hands around a warm cuppa joe in this). Hand thrown and painted, finished with a white glaze.
4. Golden Coast Soy Candle from PF Candle Co. Inspired by California's coast - notes of salty sea air, redwood, eucalyptus, and a heart of white lavender. This invigorating scent is infused with essential oils of sage and palo santo. My new favorite (it's burning pretty much every day in my studio).
5. Triangles Square pillow from Shapes & Colors. It's handprinted, which makes it extra special, and the pattern is featured on both the front and the back. A perfect addition to any minimalist's home.
6. Large Corner Spoon from Windy Chien. Each spoon is hand carved from walnut and one of a kind. These are truly heirloom pieces- a pot of organic spoon butter (for polishing) is included with each order to keep them beautiful.
7. Cocktail Diagram Tea Towel from Drywell Art. Do you like cocktails? I like cocktails. My guess is we'll both find our favorites in this hand-drawn collection of sixteen, complete with diagrammed ingredients. Printed onto a natural, unbleached cotton tea towel that's machine washable so you can actually, you know, use it.